Casino gambling should be considered as a form of an escape, a way to relax and have fun. But for some people it can easily become an addiction.
Gambling can cause troubles in every aspect of one person's life, especially when chasing losses becomes unmanageable. This comes in a form of spending wages, borrowing money to gamble, we can go on with examples, but you get the drift.
There are certain steps you should take even before you start playing for fun. That way you can make sure that you will not develop any irrational behavior whatsoever. Start by setting a deposit limit. This way you can never spend more than you have planned in the beginning.
In order to understand your gambling behavior you can answer the questions from this self-assessment test. It comes without saying that you must be honest when you answer the questions.
You can always close your account if you believe that gambling is causing you problems. Or, you can choose to self-exclude that means that you will not be able to access your account for a certain period of time. Once the time period has passed you will be required to contact customer support before you re-open your account. The following self-exclusion time frames are offered at Mr Green:
Gambling can be serious issue for some. Statistics show that 98% of people enjoy playing games and never develop any gambling problem, while the other 2% do. They always wait for the big win that never comes. If you are one of those people, or you know someone who has gambling problems then you can find help in some of the following organizations:
Mr Green takes good care of their customers. Their revolutionary Green Gaming Tool has been designed by a team of industry experts so you can find out in time whether your gambling behavior is healthy or at risk.
The Green Gaming Tool gathers information from your game play data and your self-assessment test and calculates your gambling behavior risk profile. The casino is then able to advise you on your individual results. This is how the tool works:
You will receive you individual data and personalized risk-profile provided by the Green Gaming Tool. You will also receive information on healthier and responsible game play.
When you are having fun time can pass so fast, so an hour may seem like a minute to you. So it is a good idea to set Activity Check that will remind you of the time you have spent on the website. In order to set the Activity Check you need to follow these simple steps:
It is always a good idea to stick to your budget when you play casino games. It is so easy to get carried away when you are having fun, so you should be very responsible when it comes to gambling. Thanks to Mr Green built in tools you can do that now. You can be in control of your gaming behavior so you won`t even have troubles in the future.
The simplest thing you can do is to set an alarm. Yes, you heard us right, set an alarm just like you set one to wake up in the morning. This will work as a reminder of how much time you have spent and you`ll know when to call it a day.
Learn to accept that losing is part of the game as well. Try to avoid the temptation to continue playing to chase the money you have already lost.
Play games when you are feeling happy or excited, never play when you feel depressed. Your mood can affect your decision making and you may be willing to take a risk that you normally wouldn't.
When you feel that the excitement of playing casino games is fading and you feel the need to raise the stake just so you can bring back the adrenaline rush, stop. When you feel this way, you should know that it is time to take a break from gambling.
Never play games when you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. They can cloud your judgment and your rational decision making.
Every time you believe that you are not in control of your gambling behavior you should take the self-assessment test which will help you identify any potential risks.
Your real life is more important than your gambling. It may seem like good way to escape your life problems and issues but it is not.
When it comes to gambling, it is not always about the money. It is true that you should not go over the budget that you can afford to lose, but at the same time you need to ask yourself do you have the time to play. Your personal life should never suffer, nor your work, your family and friends. If the gaming affects your life negatively then it is time to stop.
Launched in 1999, Playtech is one of the iGaming industry's leading technology companies. Besides creating some of the best online casino games, Playtech provides platform solutions for online casinos and sportsbooks.